Welcome Pinoy at Pinay

Tambayang Pinoy Online Community for Filipinos all over the world.


Pinoy Sound Radio

Ano ang Paborito mong Pinoy TV Channels?

Pinoy Food Recipes

Total Pageviews

Long list of anomalies during year 1 of Aquino

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 | 3:02 AM

By Tribune

CCT’S MISSING P3.77B AMONG P102B IN PECUNIARY LOSSES — COA

Contrary to President Aquino’s straight path doctrine, his administration was found to have mostly pursued irregular practices, including his much-vaunted conditional cash transfer (CCT) program that based on the a Commission on Audit (CoA) report showed P3.77 billion disbursements for the program last year which were unaccounted for.
Other mulitbillion-peso anomalies were reported in the Bureau of Customs where the P26 billion in Customs duty and tax drawbacks given were found illegal, and the Department of Budget and Management’s (DBM) transfer or release to local governments of P2.6 billion from the special account in the general funds (SAGF) were found irregular, the CoA audit performance summary report last year showed.
The report was submitted to President Aquino and the heads of both chambers of Congress last Sept. 27.

CoA showed in the report P102 billion in “pecuniary” loss to the government last year as a result of “violations of law, rules and regulations.”
The CoA said the findings for 2011, covering the first year of President Aquino’s term, mostly involved “unauthorized/irregular/unnecessary expenses, unliquidated cash advances, violations of the Procurement Act, underassessment/undercollection, unutilized/ineffective projects, and lack of appropriation.”
The CoA also cited the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB), which regulates road tolls, for P2.8 billion in understatement of its liabilities, the Philippine Air Force which it said underutilizaed its budget for P1.6 billion, the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) for releasing P1.043 billion for unprogrammed projects or activities, and the Department of Transportation and Communications (DoTC) for a accounts receivable balance bloated by P797 million representing disputed debts and delayed or suspended projects worth P1.2 billion.
Likewise mentioned in the report was the National Labor Relations Commission’s (NLRC) national capital region office where judgment awards of decided cases and cash bonds on appealed cases worth P641 million since 2004 remained unremitted to the Bureau of Treasury.
The CoA also said the Philippine Coast Guard recorded the receipt of Marine Environment and Protection Equipment and Supplies from the DoTC worth P319 million were without complete documentation.
Some P169.4 million rentals for the University of the Philippines-Ayala Techno Hub property could not be verified due to lack of supporting documents.
Also cited were mission inflatable boats in the Office of the Civil Defense and failure of the Department of Energy to efficiently distribute compact fluorescent lamps which were acquired through a P172 million contract.
 “Most audit findings categorically indicate pecuniary loss on the part of the government, as a result of violations of law, rules and regulations,” said the report, first posted on the CoA Web site yesterday.
More than 4,000 cases of unauthorised expenses, unaccounted for cash advances, uncollected duties, fictitious claims, missing assets, or abandoned projects, cost the government P101.82 billion, it said.
The total is equivalent to 5.6 percent of the country’s budget this year.
Two state banks lent large sums unsecured by hard collateral, while Manila airport left 21 abandoned aircraft parked in an area exposed to natural elements, leading to their deterioration, despite being given funding to house them.
Among the biggest items were 1.862 billion pesos in cash advances to two government treasurers in the impoverished province of Maguindanao and 1.123 billion pesos in payments to “spurious” suppliers to a Muslim self-rule area.
Chief state auditor Grace Tan said in a letter sent to Manila newspapers Saturday that the audit covered items mostly relating to accounts prior to 2010, when Aquino was elected to office on an anti-corruption platform.
“Pecuniary loss does not necessarily result from graft, and it is only the courts that can make judgement of graft,” Tan said.
Aquino has asked a special anti-graft prosecutor to file criminal charges against people deemed responsible for 744 of the cases, the auditors said.
The other cases are under investigation.
Arroyo was arrested and detained at a military hospital in Manila on Thursday after allegedly using diverting 366 million pesos in state lottery funds meant for charity programmes into her election campaign kitty.
After being president for nearly 10 years, Arroyo was initially charged in November last year with vote fraud for allegedly conspiring to rig the 2007 senatorial elections, but later posted bail.
Her spokesmen did not reply to AFP’s requests for comment.
Aquino spokeswoman Abigail Valte told reporters Saturday: “We have not become complacent in our anti-corruption measures.”
With Chito Lozada, AFP

http://www.tribune.net.ph/index.php/headlines/item/5282-long-list-of-anomalies-during-year-1-of-aquino
3:02 AM | 0 comments | Read More

Foster The People live in Manila Photos

Set list
Miss You
Life On The Nickel
Houdini
Broken Jaw
I Would Do Anything For You
Waste
Love
Call It What You Want
Don’t Stop(Color On The Walls)
Warrant
Helena Beat
Encore set:
Ruby
Pumped Up Kicks





















Foster The People Live In Manila 2012 was presented by Midas Promotions, Dayly Entertainment and Karpos Multimedia


 
3:00 AM | 0 comments | Read More

Corona admits $2.4M, P80M in bank deposits

Written By Admin on Friday, May 25, 2012 | 3:14 AM

MANILA, Philippines – Chief Justice Renato Corona admitted on Friday owning around $2.4 million in four banks and another P80 million.
But Corona, testifying before the Senate, acting as an impeachment court, quickly clarified that the $2.4 million was not a one-time deposit but was accumulated over the years.
“Humigit kumulang po $2.4-million [It was more or less $2.4 million],” Corona said, responding to a question by Senate Minority Leader Alan Cayetano.
“Iyon po ay binili over so many years [That’s what we bought over the years],” he said.
Corona said he started investing in foreign exchange in 1960s’ when the exchange rate was P2 : $1.
“We’re talking here of more than 35 years na kumikita ng interest [of compounded interest],” he said.
When asked by Senate Pro Tempore Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada about his money in peso bank accounts, Corona gave an estimate of P80.7 million.
Corona, in his testimony last Tuesday, claimed that he had three peso accounts but said it was a “co-mingled” fund from the proceeds of the sale of the Basa Guidote Enterprise Inc., previously owned by the family of his wife, Cristina.
He said the “co-mingled” fund consists of the P34.7 million from the BGEI proceeds, another P10 million from its earnings over 11 years, P15 million from his daughter, Charina; P4 million from another daughter; Carla, and P2 million from his son, Francis.
3:14 AM | 0 comments | Read More

Rain or Shine shoots for early Govs’ Cup lead vs B-MEG; Barako, Powerade clash

By InterAKTV


AKTV/Paolo Papa

Rain or Shine guns for the early lead as it takes on Commissioner’s Cup champion B-MEG in the main game of the PBA Governors’ Cup Friday at the SMART-Araneta Coliseum.

The Elasto Painters, coming off a 107-100 demolition of Alaska last Sunday, shoot for a 2-0 start with a win in their 7:30 p.m. encounter against the Llamados.

Barako Bull battles Powerade at 5:15 p.m. in the opener.

“I know B-MEG is short on preparation so this would be the best time to play them,” said Rain or Shine coach Yeng Guiao.

“There is no guarantee, of course. B-MEG is still formidable even with the lack of preparation but I would rather play them early than later. It’s very important to win early in a short conference like this,” he added.

The Elasto Painters drew a solid game from import Jamelle Cornley, who had 27 points and 11 rebounds in his debut against the Aces.

They will be facing a B-MEG quintet that had little time to prepare for the season-ending conference after winning the title of the previous tournament against Talk ‘N Text in seven games.

The Llamados will be led by Marqus Blakely, a former Vermont player who had a solid NBA D-League campaign with the Iowa Energy last season where he averaged 15.1 points, 6.4 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game.

In the opener, the Tigers hope to bounce back from a 97-83 loss to Petron Blaze as they face debuting Barako Bull.

“It is important to understand that we need to battle each game,” said Powerade mentor Bo Perasol.

“One game will have a significant effect on how we will finish this season. That fact should give us a do-or-die attitude all the time,” he added.

Rashad McCants and Gary David combined for 53 points in their first game but the others failed to deliver for the Tigers.

Barako Bull will be parading Jamine Peterson, a one-time standout from Providence.

“JP Peterson is blending well with the locals plus the veterans are in shape,” said Energy coach Junel Baculi whose team was unbeaten in three pre-tournament games.

3:12 AM | 0 comments | Read More

THE FRAY LIVE IN MANILA

The Fray Live in Manila on June 21, 2012 at SM Mall of Asia Arena.


Grammy nominated alternative rock band The Fray is set to do a concert live in Manila at the SM Mall of Asia Arena on June 21, 2012. The Fray members are Isaac Slade (pianist/vocalist), Joe King (guitarist/vocalist), Dave Welsh (guitarist) and Ben Wysocki (drummer). They achieved a US success with their 1st single Over My Head (Cable Car) which became a top 10 hit and the release of their 2nd single, How to Save a Life  brought them to a worldwide fame.

Tickets are available at any SM Ticket Outlets.

Ticket prices:
VIP (Reserved Seating) – P6340
Patron (Reserved Seating) – P5280
Lower Box (Reserved Seating) – P3700
Upper Box (Reserved Seating) – P2640
General Admission (Reserved Seating) – P1060

Call SM Tickets 470 2222

Reserve online: https://smtickets.com/event/view/757

Like The Fray live in Manila

Presented by Dayly Entertainment & That’s N’Tertainment
3:04 AM | 0 comments | Read More

VILORIA RETAINS WBO FLYWEIGHT CROWN

Written By Admin on Sunday, May 13, 2012 | 4:09 AM

By Mark Giongco, INQUIRER.net



MANILA, Philippines – Filipino-American Brian Viloria exacted revenge on Mexican rival Omar Nino Romero via a technical knockout (TKO) in the ninth round to defend his WBO flyweight title before a home crowd at the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig City on Sunday.
Viloria, popularly known as the “Hawaiian Punch, ” dictated the tempo and was able to cut a portion over the left eye of Nino in round five.

Filipino-American Brian Viloria. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO
Romero’s corner threw in the towel in the ninth round of the World Boxing Organization fight in Manila after Filipino Viloria, 31, unleashed a salvo of unanswered punches against the 36-year-old Mexican, who was stuck on the ropes.
This was the third time Viloria and Romero have battled. The second time ended in a no contest in favor of Romero via Majority Decision.
Nino failed, however, his post-fight drug test which was only fitting for a third installment.
Their first encounter went the distance with the Mexican winning via unanimous decision.
Speaking after Sunday’s bout, Viloria said he had become stronger since the two previous encounters.
“He didn’t feel my power in the first two fights,” he said.
Viloria, of Filipino descent and based in Hawaii, almost knocked Romero down in the fourth round with the Mexican visibly dazed by his opponent’s punches.
Romero, known as the “Giant Killer”, falls to 31 wins, five losses and two draws.
Originally posted at 12:37 pm | Sunday, May 13, 2012
4:09 AM | 0 comments | Read More

THE FRAY LIVE IN MANILA

The Fray Live in Manila on June 21, 2012 at SM Mall of Asia Arena.



Grammy nominated alternative rock band The Fray is set to do a concert live in Manila at the SM Mall of Asia Arena on June 21, 2012. The Fray members are Isaac Slade (pianist/vocalist), Joe King (guitarist/vocalist), Dave Welsh (guitarist) and Ben Wysocki (drummer). They achieved a US success with their 1st single Over My Head (Cable Car) which became a top 10 hit and the release of their 2nd single, How to Save a Life  brought them to a worldwide fame.

Tickets will be available tomorrow May 13, 2012 at any SM Ticket Outlets.

Call SM Tickets 470 2222 starting tomorrow.

Ticket Prices:

VIP 6,000
PATRON 5,000
LOWER BOX 3,500
UPPER BOX 2,500
GEN AD 1,000

Like The Fray live in Manila


4:06 AM | 0 comments | Read More

NBA: 'KING' JAMES NAMED LEAGUE MVP AGAIN

By Reuters



NEW YORK - Miami Heat forward LeBron James was named on Saturday (Sunday, PHL time) as the NBA's Most Valuable Player for the 2011-12 season, cementing his place among the game's greatest players.

It was the third time in four years that "King" James has won the game's most prestigious individual award, elevating him alongside the sport's biggest names.

Only seven other players - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Moses Malone - have won the trophy at least three times.

Abdul-Jabbar holds the record for six MVP wins, one ahead of Jordan and Russell but James, still just 27 years old, has plenty of time on his side.

"I never dreamt about being an NBA Most Valuable Player," an emotional James said in a presentation in Miami broadcast live on national television.

"I never dreamt about doing the things that I do now at a high level.

"Now that it's in me now, and it's happening, it's overwhelming."

First-place votes

James, who twice won the award with the Cleveland Cavaliers before moving to Miami last season, averaged 27.1 points, 7.9 rebounds and 6.2 assists during the 2011-12 regular season, which was shortened to 66 games because of a labor dispute.

He totaled 1,074 points, including 85 first-place votes, from a panel of 121 voters that decided the award.

"We do not take LeBron James for granted, not here in this organization," Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said.

"He's as committed as ever... and we all respond to his energy on the court."

Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, the leading scorer for the third season in a row, finished second in the vote, followed by Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers and Kobe Bryant from the Los Angeles Lakers.

Chicago's Derrick Rose, who won the MVP award last year, finished 11th in the voting after missing more than a third of the season because of injury.

James, despite his individual success, has yet to win an NBA title, but has perhaps his best chance this season with Miami.

James overwhelmed

"This is very overwhelming to me as an individual award," James said.

"But this is not the award I want, ultimately. I want that championship. That's all that matters to me."

The Heat, who finished runners-up to Dallas last year after James left Cleveland to link up with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, cruised through the opening round of the playoffs.

They now face the Indiana Pacers in a best-of-seven series, starting in Florida on Sunday (Monday, PHL time), for a place in the Eastern Conference final.

James is sure to feature in the star-studded United States team at this year's London Olympics after being a member of the team that won the gold medal in Beijing four years ago. - Reuters
4:00 AM | 0 comments | Read More

CHINA DENIES PREPARING FOR WAR OVER SOUTH CHINA SEA

By Agence France-Presse



Beijing - China has denied it is increasing combat readiness in response to a territorial row with the Philippines over a disputed shoal in the South China Sea.

The tense stand-off, which erupted last month, centers on Scarborough Shoal, a tiny rocky outcrop in the South China Sea about 230 kilometers (140 miles) from the Philippines' main island of Luzon.

The dispute began when Philippine authorities detected Chinese ships fishing there. They attempted to arrest the crew, but were blocked by Chinese surveillance vessels that were quickly deployed to the area.

China's defense ministry denied military units were getting ready for war, despite warnings in state media that China is prepared to fight to end the stand-off.

"Reports that the Guangzhou military region, the South China Sea fleet and other units have entered a state of war preparedness are untrue," the ministry said in a brief statement on its website Friday.

The Guangzhou military region in southern China has responsibility for the area.

It gave no source for the reports, but rumors on the Internet say China has ordered some military units up to level two of its four-level scale of war preparedness, one notch from the top which indicates full readiness.

The two nations have had non-military vessels stationed at the shoal since April 8 in an effort to assert their sovereignty to the area.

China claims virtually all of the South China Sea, which is believed to sit atop huge oil and gas reserves, as its historical territory, even waters close to the coasts of other Asian countries.

The Philippines says the shoal is part of its territory because it falls within its exclusive economic zone.

On Friday, around 300 protestors demonstrated outside the Chinese embassy in the Philippines to denounce "bullying" by Beijing.

A Chinese state-backed newspaper on Saturday accused the Philippines of whipping up nationalism through the protest, but it added military conflict in the South China Sea was possible.

Taiwan, Brunei, Vietnam and Malaysia also claim parts of the sea. The rival claims have for decades made the waters one of Asia's potential military flashpoints.

"Nationalism seems to echo just as strongly wherever you go around the South China Sea. The Philippines is showing prominent such behavior," the Global Times said in an editorial.

"It remains possible that military conflicts will ensue in the South China Sea, and when that happens, China will certainly take firm action," it added.

Chinese authorities also this week ordered tour operators to suspend trips to the Philippines.

© 1994-2012 Agence France-Presse
3:58 AM | 0 comments | Read More